Remove ads by subscribing to Kanka or megerősítés the campaign.
New? Here's how to get started.
Welcome! The first steps to getting started are:
- Read the Server Rules.
- Join the Discord Server.
- Join the Kanka Campaign.
- Use this link to start working on your character. Just enter a tentative character name, put your player name in "Title," ignore everything else, and hit save. From there, you'll see what to do next!
- How to Play GURPS
- All Server Rules and Guides
- Playable Races
- Public Google Doc - for any time you want to collaborate on writing something with other players.
- Anything else you want added here?
The isolated Isle of Luachmhar (pronounced like 'Lockmer') sits now in the Irish Sea, a thin barrier against the progress of Norman expansion. The Vikings settled this land long ago, and still lay claim to its soil; but no king has truly conquered the teeming wilderness and independent spirit of its peoples. Longships often dash against the rocks which guard the island's shores, and far travelers speak quietly about the unspeakable dangers that lurk deeper into the land.
Residents of the island, though, find these tales laughable; it's a place to live, like any other. A number of small communities populate the island: Tullach Port, Inishmore, and Ballingort, made of a handful of clans each. There are also some eccentric and accepting folks in Glaisinkyl. If one uses their wits, and trusts the wisdom of their fathers, they can avoid all of nature's pitfalls and reap her bounties.
Reality, however, falls somewhere in the middle. The island's isolation makes it the ideal home for any folk who wish to avoid prying eyes; Faerie, Cambion, Nephilim, Genie, Werewolf, and even Vampire may be found along its shores (just to name a few). This has long been the case, and many otherwise mortal natives of the island have "supernatural" ancestors somewhere along their family line, even if they don't know it.
However, wherever those of the "other side" congregate, so too do any number of maledictions, beasts, and demons. Far from the prying eyes of the mainland hunters, dangerous beings do indeed roam the island and its surrounding waters. Many wish the same as the human residents - for peace in isolation - but others seek strong prey, whether by way of flesh or of innocent souls. Such is life, though; if you're crazy enough to wander in the wilds at night, only God knows where you'll turn up.
And, of course, the Mountain holds its secrets; The Monastery guards the entrance to a Nexus, which The Slingers, a loosely organized cadre of mages, help to keep watch over. It calls upon otherworldly energies, allowing spirits to pass through into our world, as well as spreading Mana for mortal use. This Nexus is a battleground for power in the spiritual realm, and these beings often involve mortals in their struggles for control over the endless fountain of energy.
Medieval fantasy RP! Drama! Intrigue! Romance!
The system we're using is GURPS 4e, but we've tailored the experience to be a breeze for newbies and experienced players alike! Pretty much all source material is contained within Kanka (exception: spellcasting), so finding what you want will be a breeze.
Play-by-post. Living World. You know you're the hero in your own story, but are you the villian in someone else's?
- Height: 4'10''
- Weight: 90 lbs.
- She loves to give and receive hugs and snuggles. This might mean hugging strangers who aren't expecting it.
- She generally assumes that she is bad at anything that doesn't involve music.
- She is sensitive; if someone tells her to go away or makes her feel bad, her next IQ-based roll in their presence is at -2.
- She enjoys misleading and playing tricks with words, but only in good fun, never to harm.
- Often easy to read.