Roadmap November 2018
By Ilestis 1 month ago
With the November Patreon vote now closed, it's time for a new monthly roadmap. It sure has been a while since the last one!
The amazing Patrons have voted for the following features to be the main focus of improvement for this month. It was a close call between maps and attributes, but maps ultimately won by one vote when using weighted votes. So without further ado, here are November's focus points:
Maps will see several big changes to make them easier to use and more useful for world building as well as an in game tool.
- Rework a lot of the UI: Move maps from tabs to the menu, default on full width maps, merge the "edit" and "view" interfaces into one (à la Calendars).
- Better workflow: Saving/Deleting points will no longer refresh the page, to allow faster changes.
- Link to any entity: Instead of only placing Locations on a map, allow placing any kind of entity.
- Visuals: Add some options on the shape and size of a map point. Rework the add/edit/view map point interface to include useful information about the entity that is linked.
- Uploading SVG files. Uploading from a URL.
- Ctrl+Scroll zoom support.
As mentioned above, attributes lost to maps by a single vote, so it's clear that the Patrons also want better attributes.
- Attribute Template parent Template: Being able to set a parent attribute template on attribute templates. When applying an attribute template, apply also the children templates.
- Attribute Groups: A way to group attribute templates.
- Attribute Template types: Allow having attributes in attribute templates to be checkboxes and lists instead of text.
- Attribute Linking: When applying an attribute template, link to the attribute from the template, and allow a way for users to automatically "update" or "sync" entities who used the attribute template.
- Rework the UI: Instead of having a view with manage/add/apply attribute template buttons, merge a lot of the UI into a single one.
- Have a way for attributes to be visible on the default page of an entity.
- Copy Entity: When copying an entity, a way to copy the attributes of the original entity.
The following are some other features and improvements I want to work on during the month of November.
- Quests: Add organisations and items to quests.
- Organisations: Add a "parent organisation" field.
- Tags: Set colours to tags.
- History: Maybe start working on a history of changes to entities.
- API: Release the API to all.
As you can probably tell, there's a lot of stuff to work on. While I try and dedicate as much time as I can to improve Kanka, it is a hobby project meaning that other obligations come first. If you love the app and want to help me spend more time working on it, please consider supporting me on Patreon.
Back to releases