"But Ilestis", I hear you say, "0.18 was released just a few days ago! Surely there aren't that many new features yet?"
That is indeed a correct observation and a reasonable assumption. Looking at the release notes, it doesn't seem like so much was changed on the surface. However, if we dig a little deeper, lurking in the shadows are some bigger changes. Invisible to the naked eye, these change have a big impact for the future of the app.
- Code: A whooping 500+ files were changed in Kanka's code for this release. Most of these updates were subtle little changes related to code quality, ensuring that conventions are followed, refactoring, and rebuilding parts of the app to keep the code maintainable. This is always an ongoing process in any software development, but with so many parts changing, it made sense to announce it as a new feature.
- Entities: Lots of new features related to entities.
- Map Points: When viewing an entity, the menu will now include "Map Points" if the entity is pinned on a map points.
- Forms: When creating or editing an entity, the "Type" field contains a list of 20 most recently used types.
- Copy: When copying an entity, the options to copy over entity notes has been added.
- Mentions: A new "Mentioned in X entities" appears below the entity's description if it is mentioned in other entities.
- History: A new button next to the "Created by X, Last Updated by Y" has been added to see a simple history of changed made to an entity.
- Journals & Quests: The "Calendar Date" fields now auto-select the calendar's current date.
- Campaign Settings: Added a "Default Personality Visibility" option in the campaign form to define the default value for new characters.
- Quests: Display the "status" of a quest in the list of quests.
- Social Login: Added support for the new "Google Login" workflow following the death of Google+.
- API: The API doc now works when using another language than English (UK). This doesn't mean the API has been translated, it just means it works when using another language.
- Organisation Members: The pagination in bigger organisations didn't work. This has been fixed.
- Bulk Actions: Fixed several bugs, including the redirect to the correct view (standard or nested) after an operation.
- Nested Views: Fixed clicking on the checkbox for bulk actions redirecting to the nested view.
- Entity Calendars: Fixed the "update" and "delete" buttons on an Entity's "Calendars" tab not always showing.
A huge thank you to all the amazing Patrons who make these frequent updates possible thanks to their support on Patreon! As always, feel free to join us on Discord to be part of the conversation.