At the time of writing, characters have the following fields.
- Name: the name of your character. This will be used for search and mentioning entities. If a character with a similar name already exists, a warning will appear below the name field.
- Type: this text field can contain anything you want to help you distinguish between various characters. A common example is writing a character's occupation.
- Title: a character's title is displayed on the character's page. This text field can be an honorific title.
Next up are foreign fields. Foreign fields are other entities in the campaign, and a way to interconnect the character with your world.
- Family: the character's family. Note that only a single family can be selected.
- Location: where the character is currently located. If filled in, this will show up in the location's characters subpage.
- Races: the various races or kin of the character. A character can have multiple races.
Next up is the Entry, this is where the character's story or description is written.
- Age: this text field allows both numbers and text (like very old).
- Gender: the character's gender. Note that this field will suggest the 10 most used genders of your campaign as your campaign becomes more populated and diverse.
- Pronouns: similar to the gender field, the 10 most used pronouns will be suggested for this field.
If the character is dead, you can select that option. This will add a small skull icon to the character's name in various lists and interfaces.
At the bottom, we have tags. This is to categorise your character to be able to quickly find similar characters in the future (for example player characters, warlocks, bbegs).
Next up, the character's image. You can either select an image from your device, or input the URL of a website, and Kanka will try and download the image and attach it to the character.
And lastly, for members of the campaign's admin role, the Privacy field. Is selected, this character won't be visible to members of the campaign outside of its admin role.
In this interface, you can add descriptions to the character's physically appearance and personality traits. You have the option of pinning either all appearances or personality traits, making them visible on the character's overview page.
By default, the Personality visible option is checked. If unchecked, the character's personality will only be visible to the campaign's admin role members.
If this is your first character, you might not yet have organisations. You can create one on the fly, or come back to this interface later. This allows you to make this character a member of one or several organisations of your world.
This tab is only available to Boosted Campaigns. Learn more about what features are available there.
Attributes are values attached to your character. Think HP, level, and more. Learn more on Attributes.
The last tab is about permissions. We go over this in more detail on our Permissions page.