- Entity Count
- Superboosted by
- Charalampos Koundourakis
- D&D 5e
Thylea is a small continent surrounded on all sides by an ocean called the Forgotten Sea. The natives of Thylea are Centaurs, cyclopes, gygans, nymphs, satyr's, and other fey races. Thousands of Human settlers arrived in Thylea five hundred years ago. There are numerous languages spoken and there is a specific clothing style.
The Laws of Thylea are extremely important.
- Sacred Oaths. Oaths are taken very seriously in Thylea. The punishments for violating an oath are severe
- Mortal Curses. Breaking oaths or violating the laws of Thylea may cause you to be afflicted by dreadful curses.
- Thylean natives. Centaurs, satyrs, nymphs, and other native races live and work alongside the settler races. The peace with their many tribes is precarious.
All major events that happened in Thylea in the last 2500 years can be found --> here <--.
Thylea is named after the mother goddess who watches over the continent. She and her husband, Kentimane the Hundred Handed, bore many children. These ancient gods form a pantheon called “the Titans.” The two most powerful of their children are:
- Sydon, Lord of Storms. He is the ancient Titan who once ruled over Thylea, long before the arrival of mortals. He seeks to dominate the land once again—to be worshipped by all mortals. He controls all the waters of Thylea, including the weather, and sacrifices must be offered to him daily.
- Lutheria, Mistress of Death. She is the sister-wife of Sydon. She has dominion over the underworld, and she seeks to corrupt mortals and capture their souls for her own amusement. In spite of this, she is honored by frequent sacrifices and wine festivals throughout the land.
For many ages, Thylea was a wilderness of centaurs, satyrs, cyclopes, and other creatures who worshipped the Titans. Mortals who came to Thylea lived in small, defenseless tribes—until the arrival of The Order of the Dragonlords. The Dragonlords were an order of heroic, dragon-riding mortals who came to Thylea five centuries ago. They initiated the First War against the Titans and defeated their armies. Most of The Order of the Dragonlords and their dragons were killed during this conflict
When all seemed lost, the mortals of Thylea were saved by the sudden appearance of the Five Gods, who walked the land in mortal guise. They forced the Titans into a temporary truce, called the Oath of Peace.
• Volkan, God of Forges
• Kyrah, Goddess of Music
• Mytros, Goddess of Dawn
• Pythor, God of Battle
• Vallus, Goddess of Wisdom
The Oath of Peace has prevented open warfare with the Titans for five hundred years. But now, the truce is ending. The power of the Five Gods wanes, and the Titans prepare to wage war upon mortals once again.
The Oracle is a water nymph named Versi. She is Thylea's most famous prophet, and she has recently had a terrifying vision of the future. She has called for a band of mortal heroes to join together to confront the Titans.
There are three major kingdoms in Thylea.
The Kingdom of Mytros was the first kingdom founded by the Dragonlords. It is the largest city in all of Thylea and the center of commerce, religion, and politics. The ruler of Mytros is King Acastus, one of the last descendants of the Dragonlords.
The Kingdom of Estoria is an ancient stronghold that has resisted centuries of attacks by centaur's, cyclopes, manticores, and other dangers which thrive in the steppes. The ruler of Estoria is King @pythor, the God of Battle.
The Kingdom of Aresia has long been a rival to the kingdom of Mytros. The two cities have been engaged in dozens of wars over the last several hundred years, which are collectively known as the Aresian campaigns. The ruler of Aresia is Queen Helen.
You are one of the heroes who has been called by the Oracle's prophecy to save the world from the tyranny of the Titans. Whatever your personal background, be you a native or an outsider you know that you are destined for greatness.